• VIP
hi my son Scott was in hospital last week and came home sunday,however this morning he has been readmitted. Sad
my problem comes from the doctor who seemed to think she knows my son better than me,the person who has him 24/7!
they decided to change his anticonvulsants but didnt tell me and got the hump when i asked why i hadn't been told! she actually asked me what the problem was! i see it as a common curtesy to inform the parents but maybe im alone in this thinking! rant over!

• VIP
no that's seriously not good enough. is it worth a letter of complaint or a chat to PALS?

• VIP
thats what i was thinking.im not the best person for standing up for myself but it really grated on me that she thinks its ok not to talk to the parents.she wanted to look in my sons mouth,i told her he has a clamp reflex due to his condition and she says "oh he will be fine!" then when he clamps and she cant remove the tongue compresser she sighed! well i bloody told you! grrrrr

• VIP
I would be seriously bleeped off if someone changed my sons AED's and didn't consult with me first!!....and to be honest I am sure they have a legal obligation to....
Doctors do not always know what's best for our Children...after all it was one Doctors 'professional opinion' that caused all my sons problems in the first place! I'd be making some heads roll right now!
Mags, Mum to Ash (12) and Zak (4). Zak has very severe spastic quad CP, Lennox Gastaut Syndrome, Reg blind, Gastrostomy fed, profound GDD, Epilepsy and bloomin' cute.

• VIP
well i said to the matron that i wanted a word in the morning and i want it written in big red writing to tell his parents what the hell is going on! who would i make a complaint to? sorry to sound like a numpty but this has really made my blood boil.Angry