• VIP
Hi there
I subscribed to this group ages ago but haven't really done anything else with it. So I thought since I have started to flick through the board I would introduce our family. There is me Rachel and my husband craig and then there is our older daughter ruby who is 5 and has no issues, lastbut not least is annie who is 19 months old. Annie was born with a cleft palate that was repaired in May of this year and we are awaiting a surgeon appointment to find out if all has gone well.
due to Annie being born with a cleft she had genetic testing done at birth and she has tetrasomy X which is relatively rare about 100 cases diagnosed worldwide - so if anyone else reading this has a girl with it we would love to make make contact! Annie's tetrasomy seems to be currently resultingin quite a spikey profile of development, tho has been labelled with general developmental delay.
Annie wears glasses for long sightedness and possibly will need patching for a lazy eye, she has bilateral hearing aids for a moderate hearing loss which definately includes glue ear, but may have some underlying loss too. She has recently had a spurt in pysical development from being unable to sit at 12 months to now sitting rolling and has been crawling for around a month, she has started to pull to stand in the last week too. Annie has very limited verbal skills but uses about 6 or 7 makaton signs - mostly milk and cuddles! she loves exploring treasure baskets and using sensory things like fibre optics and bubble tubes. I seem to haverambled on a lot so hope to chat andfind out about othermembersvery soon

• VIP
guess who? ( nat - ellies mum in case oyu hadn't realised) - hi there XXX

• VIP
(10-31-2010, 08:18 PM)Nathard Wrote: guess who? ( nat - ellies mum in case oyu hadn't realised) - hi there XXX

Hi there small world eh? hope you all ok
x

• Administrators
Hi and thanx for the intro Smile welcome to the forum, hope you find it usefull

Xx

• VIP
welcome xxxx
teagan mia 03/05/06Heart
ruby hannah 12/09/08 Heart
jaimee evanna 07/10/09 Heart
jaimee grade 4 ivh hemiplegia cp and global development delay
love my 3 girls all the world mommys perfect princesses xxxx