• Administrators
Euan is having a brain mri tomorow to see if he has any lasting brain damage from when he was blue for 2 hours at birth and not takn down to scbu Angry its an all day trip, they're doing it under general but because he can't go without fluid they are admitting him at 9 and putting him on IV fluid. The scans not till 2pm and I reacon it'll take till about 3!? Any ideas what time they might let us go after a GA??

Xx

• VIP
not sure with Euans particular condition but my when my eldest had a GA they said as long as he was eating,drinking and peeing it was ok to go,about 2 hours-ish i think. Smile

• Administrators
That's good. So I should be out for about 5 them lol just hope he's in a cooperative mood Smile

• Registered
We just had an MRI for Charlotte, she is three with GDD, she had a lumber puncture also. She went down at 2.30 was out at 3.30, then we were told they need to keep her in for four hours after. Then she was sick so we had to stay an extra hour till she kept food down - eventually got home at 10.45 pm after leaving the house at 8.00 am that morning. Was a very long, tiring day. Hope yours is over much quicker x

• VIP
(10-31-2010, 05:08 AM)Lucy Wrote: Euan is having a brain mri tomorow to see if he has any lasting brain damage from when he was blue for 2 hours at birth and not takn down to scbu Angry its an all day trip, they're doing it under general but because he can't go without fluid they are admitting him at 9 and putting him on IV fluid. The scans not till 2pm and I reacon it'll take till about 3!? Any ideas what time they might let us go after a GA??

Xx
hi my daughter had mri scan done we had to be there at 12 but we didnt get out till 7
because of emergency ones that was there
as long as they eating and can walk about
they let my daughter out same day
Heart mum of 2 Heart