• VIP
i was wondering this as people have told me conflicting answers
i have 3 cousins with aspergers 1 has adhd too apparently, also my brother had many assessment done and went to special needs school but i cant find out why as my mother passed away

• Registered
hi, i cant answer this question but i can tell you about my family. my partner has adhd and mild learning difficulties, his aunt also has a slight learning diffculty. (and my partners mum i swear is bi-polar). my cousin had autism but only from what i can remember (she had behaviour problems and would rock all the time, i asked my mum if there was something wrong and she said yes but we dont see them anymore so i wouldnt know exactly what). i have another cousin but from my dads side who has behavioural problems.

i have 3 children, my oldest is 10 and is not my partners child but we do have 2 children together and they both have different types of autism.

• Administrators
It is being investigated, i read about it on the NAS website the other day, my son is being assessed, i swear my partner daniels sister has adhd/bi-polor or something, his nephew has asd, his cousin is autistic and his other cousins child has asd. I think they think its a collection of genes but they haven't identified which yet.

The link to the NAS page is http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=115&a=3578

Hope that makes it a bit clearer for you

Lucy xx

• VIP
it can run in families, i am doing an open uni course on autism and it says it can. In my family, my daughter has it, i have aspergers and we suspect that one of my uncles also has aspergers

• VIP
its great to get some different views as so many people have said different to me
i always thought it may be connected which is a bit of a concern as many of family members have problems and scairy part for me is there father has been diagnosed with bi-polar and other conditions which i found out via social services
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]