• VIP
if there is to much noise he will lay on floor with his arms above his head covering his ears or he will panic and run away. he gets panicked on bus normally results in having to strap him into buggy as he will have a screaming fit ifnot and headbutt the floor.
he is completely obsessed with cbeebies 'beebies' is one of the main words he can say and he will repeat over and over and start pulling me around until its on he goes mad if its turned over
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]

• Administrators
Oh how all of our stories are so similar its surreal really.
I think we could write a book and exclude the name and it would be like reading up on our own child....
Bessie was bang on with the parent partnership advice and they should get the ball rolling for you faster than the health visitor.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
ive never heard of parent partnership before tbh ive got so much great advice on here compared to any advice i had been given in past 2 years
i posted on another forum regarding jacks behaviour and dla and some lady really upset me put me off seeking advice
it awful that so many people are having to deal with such problems but im glad to know im not alone

jacks been poorly today slept most day cant keep his temp down bless him so ive had time to explain to bradley about jacks behaviour etc
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]

• Administrators
(12-13-2009, 10:06 PM)xbeckyx Wrote: ive never heard of parent partnership before tbh ive got so much great advice on here compared to any advice i had been given in past 2 years
Flattery wont get you anywhere :cmas_emoticon062: :cmas_emoticon066:
Im glad the forum has helped you and one of the reasons we set up the forum was to help people with these sort of issues.
We knew how alone we felt at times,even when family say if you need anything just ask,yet when you ask they are always busy..:cmas_emoticon069:
All those little questions and feelings that you feel you are alone with,well we knew that feeling so we thought we could do something to help others and the forum was born..:cmas_emoticon051:

Its a freindly bunch of people on here and dont worry it will stay like that with the admin and moderators team ready to wage war on nasty people...:cmas_emoticon012:

Im just so glad you have found the site useful and dont worry in exchange for the advice you are legally obliged to stick around...:cmas_emoticon046:

You mention explaining to your other child about your sons condition?
How did that go?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/

just take a look around their site to see what kind of advice and support they can offer, you can find your local one too. it might feel overwhelming when someone actually listens to you instead of being condesending and making you feel like you are going crazy. when my son was in nursery at the mainstream school, someone made the decision that he should move from the small setting nursery to a full sized 30 children class with no one to one. it was awful for reece and for me, he spent alot of the time on the time out chair - then followed by him falling off his chair and bumping his head. they banned him from wearing boots and made him wear slippers in class as he would kick the other children. he came home in bruises, bite marks and scratches as he could speak out against the bullying. but i started taking him early and stood back so i could see what the other children were doing. this one boy was screaming at my son then attacking him, i stopped it and mentioned it and was told it was a one off. then it was happening every morning i went mad, they admitted it was a problem and would watch him more. so the marks stopped, ten he wasnt sleeping properly and they asked me to keep him off if he hadnt slept. they turned on me in a report saying his attendance was poor thats why his development was delayed.

so then he was due to start full time and i started to feel so sick to my stomach i couldnt sleep, i was given the advice to phone the parent partership. they phoned me back saying they had got the school to agree to some one-to-one which ended up being full time too. reece had a great year, he might have not made much progress but you could tell he was happier and his new keyworker a teacher really liked him despite his behaviour. he was allowed to go for walks around the other classes if it got too much for him as well as going into his older brothers class for a cuddle. suddenly everyone liked him, but this year all this has been taken away from him and ive had to get them involved again - but its really good news and they came out to my house and it helped that they met my son and saw his odd behaviours and him also having many meltdowns within a few hours.