• Registered
Glad to hear that something is being done at last becky hun - (((hugs))) to you and your little man Smile

• Administrators
Im so pleased the Gp took you seriously and actually is now making referals to the child development team.
This is just the begining though and it will take a year or so in some cases.
So be prepared for the long haul.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
the time is not an issue anymore i just want to know whats the problem and get some help
ive been messed around for 2years now being told so many different thing seen so many people, an extra year wont make no difference if it gets us closer to an answer
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]

• VIP
Hi xbeckyx Smile

It all sounds very familiar, and although no-one other than the professionals can give you a diagnosis, I do think your son is on the Autistic Spectrum. There has to be impairments in three areas - Communication, Social Interaction and Imagination, and he seems to fit the criteria, does he play in a rigid or unusual way with his toys?

It must be very frustrating for you, although as Daniel has said it's good you have finally been referred. Do you have any support at home?

It seems his late physical development may mean he has poor gross motor skills, a lot of autistic children have poor spacial awareness which means they cannot judge distance and consequentially bump into things and fall over a lot!

One other thing - eating odd things, or inedible objects, is something called Pica, also very common in Autistic children. My son has this, he eats paper, soil and small stones from the garden, he likes rolling them around in his mouth, it's an absolute nightmare as the garden is completely secure but he still has to be watched constantly for digging. Crayons is another favourite!

There are lots of people here who have autistic children who will give you support and advice, and I hope things go well for you from here.

Maggie x

• VIP
thanks maggie
ive heard of pica before but only when i was pregnant as i was craving coal i never realised it could be associated with autism in children
he will put absolutely anything in his mouth and eats dirt too

tbh he dont really play with toys he will carry them around or he will only have interest if his brother goes to play with the toy then he will attack him Sad he has strange obsession with pennys he always has some in his hand and will go mad if he cant find them if you try take them away he will either attack you or hurt himself headbutting anything around

hes been so distructive today i went to run a bath and he had smashed all my makeup to pieces, smeered it over my bed himself too aswell as turned sink on flooded bathroom so he could splash
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]