• VIP
Hi all

Chloe is going in to have an operation to tie off her saliva glands to stop her droolng so much tomorrow. Has anyone any experience of this? I have been given no idea how long she will be in or anything, we are usually so well prepared! I'm assuming it will be an overnight stay like when she had her adenoids out??

xx
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• Administrators
It sounds very much like a similar sort of procedure to having tonsils/adenoids out but ive never experienced either im afraid Confused . However, i think i do recal seeing something on embarassing bodies Children once although i think the young girl was tongue tied aswell so couldnt swallow easily but i think she had the gland tied off too....although im not 100% on that. i did try and find it on you tube but had no luck Sad goodluck for tomorow, fingers crossed its an in out job and is successfull for you both Smile
xx

• VIP
Well scrap that, she woke up this morning with a cold and raging temperature so no op today !
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• VIP
Oh no what a shame.
As for the procedure I have hear of it as its was mentioned when we saw the ENT with Sophie.
Were they going to tie off the top or bottom glands? or both?
I was told it was a last resort thing to tie the top ones off as its so painful because the glands will still produce the saliva but wont be able to go anywhere, hence face will swell up. It will take time and eventually the body will top producing and things will be alright.
Will be interested to find out what you were told.
Hope she's better soon though and you get a new op date.
Sara and Sophie xxxx

• Administrators
Oh no Sad love to play us up don't they Dodgy hope she's better soon xx