• Registered
We have a 2 bedroom council house but due to my sons needs he is in urgent need of his own bedroom, ive put in a medical form which will move us up a band but also will mean we will have our priority date moved back to when the medical form was given in meaning we will still have to wait minumin 2 years to get anything bigger, im quite confused as i thought a medical form would give me more of a priorty but it seems not.

Thanks in advanceHeart

• VIP
only thing i could suggest is having a word with social services about it
things may get done alot quicker
or what about trying a housing association

• Moderators
you could always contact shelter and ask for a caseworker who will be able to speak to the council on your behalf, it does defeat the purpose of filling in a medical needs form to move further up the list if they are actually pushing you further down it. are you sure the person you spoke to knew what they were talking about? as they shouldnt have taken off the time that you have already been waiting surely?
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
(10-09-2010, 01:00 PM)Jacobs*mummy Wrote: We have a 2 bedroom council house but due to my sons needs he is in urgent need of his own bedroom, ive put in a medical form which will move us up a band but also will mean we will have our priority date moved back to when the medical form was given in meaning we will still have to wait minumin 2 years to get anything bigger, im quite confused as i thought a medical form would give me more of a priorty but it seems not.

Thanks in advanceHeart

Is there anyone else that could help you. like your health vistor, GP, Paed

• Established member
We have a similar dilemma (sp?). We have four children and are in a three bedroom property and the place is falling apart. We are currently 20th on the list for a four bedroom and it could still be another year or two before we get housed with the council. I have refused to put a medical form in because if we go up a band, we will be waiting much longer!

However, I am asking round for letters from my family support worker, our headteacher, my son's special needs coordinator, health visitor, GP and also our ABC support worker. We would ask social services but we have had problem after problem with them and despite them saying we need to move, they didn't even offer us help to do so!

The only reason we are going to the school as we don't think it will be in Matthew's best interest to move school as he does not deal with transition well plus the school has a fantastic reputation for helping children with special needs. Matthew has settled in really well and he has not had to use some of the things they planned to put place to help him. We are asking that they write asking we are moved locally so we do not need to change the children schools.

I would suggest therefore asking everyone involved in your child's case, specifically the ones who knows needs well.