• VIP
i phone up council about this type of grant in past but its mainly for adaptions in house Angry

my garden is in a horendous mess Confused
i ended up spending over a grand for getting a quater of garden done
only reason i could afford this was because my partner was in a car crash and got a bit of money

but yes ive heard family fund might be able to help
if you find anything else plz let me know Smile

• VIP
(10-06-2010, 10:52 AM)Libbie Wrote: We got a grant for some fencing and hand rails in the garden. We live in Ceredigion who will curently only agree to a grant if it's a safety issue (which surely yours is) but that could be an individual council decision of course. We got ours through our occupational therapist who came and assessed it herself then put the applcation in.

thankyou xxx

• Registered
Try the Well Child charity - their Helping Hands project does this sort of thing
Julia

• VIP
hello everyone just a update of what i did..
well i contacted dfg a few months back for the driveway its horrendous big stingers weeds coming through the tarmac , and a big tree in the way so just about fit car on drive and no space for anyone to walk up to door and quite uneven drive we have had a few accidents

so i got a letter last week saying they are very busy and have waiting list but they have appointed a private company able 2 ot to come out to us and do the assesment

so she has been (lovely women)
she checked the drive and agreed it is unsutable for my son to us hes rollator but the back she said she not sure whether they can do Sad

she will run it by her manager , but the bad news is our council here have run out of funding for dfg(typicall)
so we have to wait till next year april to see if they have enough there and its not a priority as to a adaptation for a bathroom or bedroom Sad

so there it is

• Registered
Try the family fund, my DFG wouldnt help, I had a similar prob but family fund said they could but it would be like the equivalent of 5 years of family fund help, unfortunately for me my DFG decided they would do it, then backed out again due to funding. So I didnt end up with either, although I am going to reapply to the family fund

Hope this helps