• VIP
hi all

just wanted to know if the disabled facilities grant
can help with the garden ,

basically my son is learning to work with hes rollater and the garden and drive are very uneven and lumpy we need to get it flat .....

but im not sure if the DFG can help with this ? does anyone know ?

or does anyone know if i can get any help elsewhere?

thanx

• Administrators
Cerebra might be able to help, family fund do cover garden equipment so maybe take a look or phone to see if they might be able to too. I think their is another organisation that does, I'm on the phone at the minute Blush but will nip on the pc when I get 2mins later and look for it Smile xx

• VIP
(10-06-2010, 09:31 AM)Lucy Wrote: Cerebra might be able to help, family fund do cover garden equipment so maybe take a look or phone to see if they might be able to too. I think their is another organisation that does, I'm on the phone at the minute Blush but will nip on the pc when I get 2mins later and look for it Smile xx

thankyou lucy i appreciate this

its such a shame he likes swings and i cant put him on the swings at the park nearby as he needs support and the garden is all over the place ...if it was level and nice i could get him a suppportive swing

• VIP
We got a grant for some fencing and hand rails in the garden. We live in Ceredigion who will curently only agree to a grant if it's a safety issue (which surely yours is) but that could be an individual council decision of course. We got ours through our occupational therapist who came and assessed it herself then put the applcation in.
Heart Lizzie Heart

Mummy to a lovely boy called Jack who is 4.
Jack has Cerebral Palsy, Auditory Neuropathy, Cerebral Visual Impairment and Nystagmus.

• VIP
thanks that is intresting to know, we moved in may and our garden is in a mess, it is uneven at the bottom. we also have 3 large trees at the side with red berries on so might be worth going through them to get them cut down