• Registered
Hi i've been using makaton with my son for over a year now and find it great he picked it up really quickly and it takes some of the frustration out of his communication difficulties, we borrowed a makaton starter pack from the libriary and was reaaly good had lovley books in it and steps to follow and how nad when to introduce signs aswell as flash cards. Maybe worth going and seeing if your local libriary has one.
Good luck, bec x

• Registered
I would also recommend the "something special" TV programme on Cbeebies (its definately on Cbeebies channel and maybe also in the Cbeebies slot on BBC 1 or 2. Its really easy to pick up the signs from there when you can see someone doing it I found it much harder to understand from a book. Also its fun to watch with your child and reinforce the signs they're showing on the programme (and its free!).

• Administrators
WOW is makaton what Mr.Tumble and Justin use on something special?? I think it is usually available on demand on bbc I-player if you have digital......my son used to love it and watch it over and over (thats how I know its on demand hehe).

Lucy xx

• Administrators
Mr Tumble,Mr Tumble..............TongueAngelConfused
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(10-17-2009, 07:09 AM)Daniel Wrote: Mr Tumble,Mr Tumble..............TongueAngelConfused

Ive had a good look around on google and found a few books so going have a look at the reviews and buy one after all its only a few quid and by the looks of it could make a big change to me and my sons life.

How quick is it to pick up from both child and parents point of view?