• Registered
hi im in essex if anyone is out there from around that area would be great to meet up or chat.Im a single parent with a autistic 17 yr old .He is very challanging to say the least.

• Registered
Hi and welcome
We are in Warwickshire, so not really close to you. my 7 year old is on the spectrum and is a handful now, I cannot imagine how hard it must be with a 17 year old ((HUGS))
Mum to Sam (7) Opitz G/BBB syndrome, bronchiolitis obliterans, supraventricular tachycardia, autism. "I am first and foremost, a child"

• Registered
Hi my name is julia, i live in weymouth dorset, my 6 year old son has recently been diagnosed with adhd and are awaiting a diagnosis for asd (aspergers) i dont know where in dorset you are but although i have my husband he finds it very hard to accept our son has a disability, i feel so alone x

• VIP
Hi I'm Lu and I live in london with my son who has many health problems but also has severe autism and possible Gdd. Always looking for people who understand who I can chat to as it is very hard to talk to people who don't understand so if you want to talk pm me and I will send you my msn or email address =D
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• Moderators
(10-13-2010, 11:31 AM)simmy Wrote: hi im in essex if anyone is out there from around that area would be great to meet up or chat.Im a single parent with a autistic 17 yr old .He is very challanging to say the least.

hiya
another parent of a 17yr old autistic lad Big Grin there isnt many that have got to that age yet, while i think matt would love to travel to essex (bus nut) its a bit far from stoke on trent Confused but think u could be busy on here helping tell parents what to expect in future. is your son at college or f/e??? thats only thing that keeps me sane, matt goes back on wednesday yeahhhhhhh hehe
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.