• VIP
this is a bit of an odd question i suppose,
we were lucky enough to be moved into an already partially adapted house earlier on in the year. it has be given level access and a wetroom had previously been installed.
the wetroom is however absolutely disgusting, the floor is stained, it leaks into the hallway, an electrician who came to change the extractor fan said whoever had fitted it did a terrible job with the wiring.
Am i entitled to use the grant that disabled children are entitled to to ask for the wetroom to be re-done? as it stands theres no way i'd be able to let jacob use it and its ruined the flooring we had put down in the hallway when we moved in.
i only ask because we've had a couple people come round from the council, all full of false promises and we never see or hear from them again, each time i call they just send someone else out and the cycle begins again.....is it worth asking for a SS OT to come out and look or is it a lost cause because the house has already been adapted?
thanks
carrie x

• Registered
If you word your request along the lines of ''urgent repairs needed'' and attach a couple of photos asking the director of housing to authorise the repairs as a matter of urgency, include your sincere gratitude for getting the property allocated and how happy you are except for the state of repair ....... you should get a lot further than dealing with a housing officer Smile
You can do it all by email, just search the council site for the director's name and copy in (cc) the chief executive too.

• VIP
thanks father jack! i shall give that a go!! :-) x

• Registered
(09-22-2010, 06:44 PM)logan_jacob_mummy Wrote: thanks father jack! i shall give that a go!! :-) x

There are many times when it's far quicker to start at the top as they will then pass the job down the tree and keep an eye on it Smile

• Administrators
Very good advice fatherjack Smile dan went straight to the top to sort out us getting a social worker (after faffing around trying to sort it amicably) it paid off, sort of shocks them into action as they're often keen to sort it if their boss is aware Smile go for it! And email is sooooo much quicker than post! X