• VIP
he also sounds to me like he could very well be autistic. The pictures made me laugh as it reminded me of when i was young i used to love lining up my cars, i had hundreds and i would go mad if anyone touched them! My autistic daughter is exactly the same too, but she has some of her cars upstairs, some dowstairs, and some in the loft lol so she cant go that over the top with how many she is putting everywhere and they are not in everyones way. She will go into a major tantrum if anyone moves them, which can last hours, but its not just cars, she will line up anything that is the same sort of thing.

• Registered
My boy loves lining things up especially cars. I found the major thing with him was problems sleeping - he slept so little I knew it wasn't right. On the earlybird they showed a video with autistic people explaining how their senses dont always work - some days everythings really loud and other days its all quiet, some days everything hurts and they cant bear a label touching their skin and other days they can't feel pain, sometimes everythings black and white and really bright like a cartoon. The other day my boy said the CD player was too quiet (normal volume as usual) and then later tried to turn up the TV & was shouting because "I can't hear it - its too loud" with his hands over his ears. Then he will shout all day because everythings really quiet to him.
He's very controlling and will have little rituals like picking up 2 stones from a drive and throwing them into a certain bush on the way home etc. Also he has to be first at everything and have everything done in a certain way. He has to have things phrased a certain way and if something is wrong then you have to go back and do it again. He's very interested in numbers. He learnt to talk by echolalia and would say things like "wantee do you like some juice" when he wanted a drink and then you'd have to say "do you like some juice" so he could say yes before he would drink the juice. He didnt talk at all until about 18 months ago but now you can't really tell apart from the odd thing.

• Registered
Isnt it funny,looking at that picture just made me think to myself whats going through a childs head when they do that because it just looks so neat and nice.

• Administrators
hes been at it again. he didnt touch his cars all day then emily came home and the masterpiece began, he even included his younger brother on his mat in it, he tried to go under, realises he couldnt so started the otherside and headed to the door. bless him, its so sad as a parent to watch them when all you want them to do is ''brum brum'' and play 'properly' with them!! xxx

Attached Files Image(s)

• Banned
Lucy he definately has autism without a doubt.