• Administrators
Hi, most of you probably know (because i have mentioned in previous posts) that my little boy is being assessed by the child development centre for possible adhd/asd. He has problems with aggression, crazy mood swings (one minute hes running around laghing, the nexts hes attacking everyone), he has very little attention when it comes to any adult directed task yet he can play with something of his interest for AGES.

He lacks imaginitive play and has odd speech, it was delayed but now he still babbles alot adding a word to the end that is vaguely understandable (although sometimes very clear), he tends to struggle with short words like his name but can say long complex words like 'delicious' and 'dinosaur'.

He had GDD but was diagnosed with a medical condition at 13months so i put that down to his medical condition. He also has a limited food range, mainly eating sausages and potato (mashed or chips). He echos alot of what people even when they ask him a question...then he'll answer it after he's repeated it.

Aside from the aggression, the main things i have noticed are the lining up of cars.
He wont play with them properly and ignores them most of the day except when his sister comes home (they fight alot), he runs and starts linig them up....ill attach a picture bellow.

There are also certain things i cannot say such as 'cooking', if i say im cooking tea he flips out smacking and shouting NO until i change it to 'making' it or 'warming' it.

He has ALSO started to hit himself lately, yesterday i got out of the car without him and he was in his car seat and started screaming and banging his head and hitting himself in the back of the car, dan tried everything to stop him but he is inconsolable.

Basically, what im asking is if anyone thinks these behaviours are normal for a child of nearly 3 or if they may be a mild form of autism.....maybe aspergers? or higher functioning?

I just feel so frustrated by how long all the assessment process takes and want to help him but i cant help him if i cant understand his way of thinking!!!

Tell me if im being daft.
Thanx
Lucy xx

Attached Files Image(s)

• Administrators
It would be good to get some input here please from other members......
I think we have sort of accepted Euan is a little diffrent and his behaviour is unusual ourselves.

Does anybody elses child here line toys like these pictures?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Banned
what happens if you go in and move one of his cars, looking at his pictures he definately has some form of autism. my son doesnt do that but he has Autistic tendencies/characteristics. Daniel likes to watch a movie he likes over and over, but he will do the actions to it.
what does the warning mean on my post ??

• Administrators
his sister moved some of them earlier to play with them and he started jogging on the spot shouting NONO then grabbed them all and put them all back!! then sat at the other end and continued!!

xx

• Banned
has Euan been tested for autism as i think he should. thats a sign of autism and someone invaded his space. Daniel freaks if someone invades his space especially if he is playing.