• VIP
where r u up to in terms of assessing her speech? I know at my youngest son's 6-9 month check they said that they'd expect him to have around 50 words by 2yrs. I agree that if she isn't speaking it's probably time to get some professional help. It's always worth checking hearing, and there may be a degree of visual impairment as an issue. Is your little girl under a paediatrician, cos they can get the correct people involved ( VI team, speech and language etc.)?
My 3 yr old is non-verbal but more than that doesn't really know what she wants to say. the fact that your daughter knows what she want's to say but can't makes me think that with the right support she should be able to communicate brilliantly with you. hope you get some help soon.

• VIP
(09-20-2010, 07:18 PM)Nathard Wrote: where r u up to in terms of assessing her speech? I know at my youngest son's 6-9 month check they said that they'd expect him to have around 50 words by 2yrs. I agree that if she isn't speaking it's probably time to get some professional help. It's always worth checking hearing, and there may be a degree of visual impairment as an issue. Is your little girl under a paediatrician, cos they can get the correct people involved ( VI team, speech and language etc.)?
My 3 yr old is non-verbal but more than that doesn't really know what she wants to say. the fact that your daughter knows what she want's to say but can't makes me think that with the right support she should be able to communicate brilliantly with you. hope you get some help soon.

she had a check in aug with her pead who said she is behind quite abit.they said they will refer to vi team,salt.she was quite behind in everything else as well.
she sat at 12 months.walked at 20 months.

thanks for teh help as well.