• VIP
(10-25-2010, 09:15 PM)slharris28 Wrote: we could do that where we are now, but its just not an option as i have 2 children with special needs, so we would be running up and down the stairs all night long.

We did ask for it to be our sons room but they won't give a grant for that as its not for my girls.

But my OT's boss has said that long term we would be better off with a 4 bedroomed bungalow, which there is NONE. So i don't know what to do.

why cant they offer you a three bedroom bungalo which they could extend it so you could have an extra room added under grants with council
all it would be is an extension
which they can do ??? surley

or a three bedroom house and extend that and make sure bathroom down stairs

it sound like u could do with a social worker to get things moving
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
We have a social worker helping us, were we live they are only 2 bedroomed bungalow's which the OT has already said that the rooms are to small for us, so even if they were to give us 2 of them it still wouldn't be big enough, plus the waiting list for them is 6 years. Also they won't do a double extension to give us the room up stairs either, they only do single ones and they won't do it for our son.
I feel like screaming, does anyone know what they and i should do?
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
(10-26-2010, 05:30 PM)slharris28 Wrote: We have a social worker helping us, were we live they are only 2 bedroomed bungalow's which the OT has already said that the rooms are to small for us, so even if they were to give us 2 of them it still wouldn't be big enough, plus the waiting list for them is 6 years. Also they won't do a double extension to give us the room up stairs either, they only do single ones and they won't do it for our son.
I feel like screaming, does anyone know what they and i should do?

what about three bedroom house
for an extension down stairs on one level

so there will be three bedrooms up stairs
kitchen bathroom and living room
and the extension on a lower floor
could be used as a 4th bedoom on the lower floor

my friend who fosters children got her house set up that way
and they say she could have a disabled child

Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
would they not knock 2 bungalows into one? it could be expensive but it could be an option
Mum of 4, Christopher 15 Joe 13 Kate 12 Rosie 3
Christopher type 1 diabetes Joe Rare Chromosone Abnormality associated with Microcephaley Global Development Delay Dysmorphism

• VIP
[/quote]

what about three bedroom house
for an extension down stairs on one level

so there will be three bedrooms up stairs
kitchen bathroom and living room
and the extension on a lower floor
could be used as a 4th bedoom on the lower floor

my friend who fosters children got her house set up that way
and they say she could have a disabled child

[/quote]

As i've said before that is just not an option as we have 2 special needs children, so running up and down stairs all night long is not an option, they also turned us down for one for our son, since the extension is not for our girls.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux