• Registered
it was in the papers that children can sue other children, a child won compensation for being hit with a metal bar and it was a 3 year old doing the hitting. i think it also said the child was left alone in the car and had behavioural difficulties, the story was a bit patchy as it implied the mum had left two young children in the car alone and that the 3 year old boy got out and hit another boy with a metal bar.

i have to say that my 2 children wouldnt think twice about hitting out with objects, just trying to be there and stopping it is all you can really do. but at school we have no control. my sons friends said to me yesterday that when im not there he bites people especially girls. and he often hits Children with sissors and rolling pins. or the time he covered the toilets in wet toilet paper with his friend, got caught and then sneaked back and did it again.

• Administrators
My theory on this is by paying for the dinner ladies glasses is setting a precident.
What next?
A child falls out of a wheel chair and breaks a table and is told pay for it? Of course not so what is the diffrence here really?

Your child has special needs which the school is aware of and they should have a plan in place to prevent this sort of thing.
Why was the dinner lady wearing such expensive glasses,is she Gok Wan of the playground?

Are you paying because you feel forced or paying because you feel you have to?

Ask yourself this if a child takes a toy into school and broke it they would simply say Oh you shouldnt bring something of value into the school so there you go there rules back you up.

They have insurance for these events so allow them to claim and please Bessie make a point of not paying for it because its a dangerous things to set out because what about next time?
What would happen if he broke a very expensive computer?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
last year some boys out of my sons class showed my son how to wet toilet paper and throw it around the small toilet, they got caught and in trouble for it. as it turned out my son then went back with some other boys and they really made a mess. they had to replace the carpet in there.

i didnt get ask to pay for it but the Children had to write a letter to the care taker saying sorry, my son still cant write his name so a letter was out of the question. the boys mums had blamed it all on my son and the care taker was really ticked off. i decided to go and say sorry on behalf of my son, but first i asked the teachers who were supposed to be watching my son and who caught them. they explained that the boys has shown reece because they knew he would do it and that it wasnt really his fault as he just doesnt understand whats right and wrong - that my son just saw it as fun. they also said that the boys had admitted they knew reece would do it if they asked him to.

so i went to the care taker and first i had to explain he was special needs and then about exactly what the teachers had said. i said he defintly did it, but he wouldnt have if they were watching him properly. that day they had a teacher off. this all happened around the same time he went and hid in the computer room for over half an hour and they couldnt find him.

• Registered
Thanks Corinne xxxx. Its amazing how much talking to people on here can help. Smile

• Administrators
Bessie your nearly on your 100th post thats Vip member status lol!!!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE