• Registered
I think I remember reading once that you could get insurance through the NAS I think in case your child damaged any property/equipment whilst out. Does anyone know about this. I can't find it at all & I'm hoping I didnt dream it!

• Moderators
(12-01-2009, 08:17 PM)bessie Wrote: I think I remember reading once that you could get insurance through the NAS I think in case your child damaged any property/equipment whilst out. Does anyone know about this. I can't find it at all & I'm hoping I didnt dream it!

i have found this not sure if its what you were looking for

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?s=b5eccbbd82927e82a6605700b05d6938&showtopic=22565&pid=271466&st=0&#entry271466

they dont seem to advocate it though and can see reasons for both sides as hubby always panics when we go to friends house who has a lot of ornaments and if she has moved them then matt likes to move them back lol but she just says if they break they break dont worry but mark is a worrier heheUndecided
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Again as the link stated.
Insurance only really covers negligance and providing you took all precautions you are ok.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Thanks so much for finding this. I can't find any link to the actual insurance though - maybe they withdrew it after all these comments or maybe I will need to phone the NAS.
I do agree with a lot of the discussion but the reason I was looking - I am very ashamed to say, was that yesterday Owen hit a dinner lady & broke her glasses. I'm mortified & what could we do but offer to pay for them - I must admit I hadnt thought about her sueing us until reading the thread. I just wish I'd had the insurance because trying to find a couple of hundred pounds for new glasses just before Christmas is definately NOT what we need.
I'm starting to wonder whether its just my life thats a string of disasters or am I unlucky?

• Moderators
(12-02-2009, 09:55 AM)bessie Wrote: Thanks so much for finding this. I can't find any link to the actual insurance though - maybe they withdrew it after all these comments or maybe I will need to phone the NAS.
I do agree with a lot of the discussion but the reason I was looking - I am very ashamed to say, was that yesterday Owen hit a dinner lady & broke her glasses. I'm mortified & what could we do but offer to pay for them - I must admit I hadnt thought about her sueing us until reading the thread. I just wish I'd had the insurance because trying to find a couple of hundred pounds for new glasses just before Christmas is definately NOT what we need.
I'm starting to wonder whether its just my life thats a string of disasters or am I unlucky?

how much!!!! tell her to go so specsavers and get a buy one get one free designer ones for about £70. What was she doing wearing expensive glasses to work anyhow? i would ask for proof they cost that much as i have never seen any that expensive. Dont the school have insurance for this type of stuff anyway?? they could claim and u pay a bit each month back to them they get plenty of money for schooling our Children.
i was lucky in that the only glasses matt ever broke were mine as he fussy who he hits and its only Meeeeee lol and i used to just buy cheap ones I(or free on nhs) until he stopped aiming at my face :cmas_emoticon046:
its not just your life hun and it does get better when their understanding kicks in more and they get less frustrated, it just feels like its never going to happen but it will :cmas_emoticon019:

off subject slightly but i remember reading about your probs restraining your son and i was told by transitional s/w that there is a course we can go on to teach us safe ways to restrain Children when they are getting older/stronger than us to protect ourselves as much as them. i dont know what its called but might be worth asking your s/w.
okies i off to brave this weather and do a little xmas shopping as not done much so far :cmas_emoticon045:
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.