• Administrators
(09-16-2010, 08:31 PM)nicky Wrote: I just had another look at his statement and it definatley states that he can be physically aggressive towards adults & himself to which they were supposed to be helping him recognise his feelings etc.
So why are they suspending him exactly?
They knew of this behaviour and they were meant to put resources in place to help this issue.
Im actually really annoyed they have suspended knowing that this exact reason was within the statement and the statement is a legal document stating he has this problem and the guidance is there to help.

Can you contacted IPSEA yet at all?

Im also wondering if this is techincally disabled discrimination as they are punishing him for a clear recognised need

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi, I'm in the process of getting my two other children out of the school which should'nt take long as another school has places for them, then we are going to take it all the way, because that's exactly what we think that it's because he has a disability and they did know what he was like, he has been there 5yrs, now in his last yr they suddenly said they can't cope, were so angry ourselves his social skills are really affected now even grandparents he doesn't want see anymore, he had just started to play with the children at school even tho' they all really liked him he never played with them so that makes me so sad to see him withdrawing from everyone.
I have 4 lovely children Caleb and Bay who have fragile x
Trinity and Lucas who don't Heart

• VIP
i'm so sorry it sounds a horrible situation and i hope you get it sorted soon.

• VIP
Thanks so do i. x
I have 4 lovely children Caleb and Bay who have fragile x
Trinity and Lucas who don't Heart

• Registered
i have a 9 yr old son with downs syndrome and autism.he's in public school now.I've been trying to get him out for 4 yrs.I can't afford an advocate.I don't know what i'm going do.he's unverbal.he scored a (0) on every subtest.constantly stimming.someone please help!potty training is hell-pooping and peeing all over the place.any advise would be appreciated.thank u--joannek