• Administrators
Was this behaviour known about and documented such as in a statement prior to the suspension?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
They've always known his behaviour was difficult it just seems to have gotten worse, I've been told by numerous people including some staff at the school that he been goaded by some of the staff when having meltdowns to make him worse also that a lot of the time it's not been as bad as certain staff are saying, (whether it's true or not I don't know) all to do with sats results apparently. Just not sure what to do for the best for him whether to take the 2 1/2 days offered it they can give it to him or as Corinne suggested look further than our area for a place.
I have 4 lovely children Caleb and Bay who have fragile x
Trinity and Lucas who don't Heart

• Administrators
So they are aware of the issues then but is it written in a statement or school action of any kind?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
As other people have said, i was under the understanding that every child has a right to education and that the LEA has to provide an accessible placement for that child. I assume if you've got full 1:1 supervision you have a statement? are you in communications with someone at inclusion services?
We've just got our little girl ( albeit a preschool placement) at an independant special needs school outside our LEA (as the local special needs school is oversubscribed and after much discussion from our selves wouldn't provide adequate provision for our child). also our LEA does place other children outside the borough so it is a possibilitiy. We got a great deal of help from our parent partnership worker who has been a complete godsend - they normally work along side the inclusion services people but acts as a advocate for the parents.
it sounds as though if your child isn't already statemented he needs to be to protect his educational rights and that a suitable placement is clearly named. if this has been done it obviously needs revising in light of his new situation. there are a couple of groups that help legally with special education : ipsea.org.uk is the obvious one i remember and sossen.org.uk/. ( sorry i've had to unlink the links as i haven't got enough posts to link)
hope you get some answer soon. good luck .

• VIP
I just had another look at his statement and it definatley states that he can be physically aggressive towards adults & himself to which they were supposed to be helping him recognise his feelings etc. Thanks i will look on their website to see if i can find anything out. x
I have 4 lovely children Caleb and Bay who have fragile x
Trinity and Lucas who don't Heart