• Registered
Hi I would really like to chat to other parents of children with Down Syndrome x

• Registered
Hi I have a 5 year old boy with Downs syndromeSmile

• Registered
(09-15-2010, 06:00 PM)Abbey Wrote: Hi I have a 5 year old boy with Downs syndromeSmile

Hi Abbey I am pretty new to the site so thought i would check it out. I have little boy with DS who will be 4 next week its all a bit scary and cant believe he will be 4. I never thought i would get here so things must be a bit easier. I am just starting the statement process which seems a bit of a nightmare! Does your little one go to mainstream? x Do you mind me asking how old you are? Did you know you were having a baby with ds? Sorry i seem really nosy !! x

• Registered
Hiya yes he's in mainstream with 1-1 support. Our portage worker was great and helped us with his statement. From what i remember it was stressful, we had to challenge the placement as they put down a school for Children with special needs instead of where we wanted him to go. He has had a statement from the age of 3 for nursery.We had problems with the nursery but he's now in a fantastic school with great support.
I was 21 when i had him and he is my second child of 4. We found out when he was 3 days old when they picked up on jaundice, not the nicest way either he had surgery the following day on his bowels so didn't get chance to think about it.
We have our ups and downs but try and take each day as it goes.

• Registered
Hi my son has downs syndrome and will be 4 next week. He was 8months old when we discovered it and got it diagnosed. Very late with the diagnoses as he has it very mild.