• Administrators
What would it be? What is one thing that has been most helpful/unhelpful while dealing with therapists, teachers, doctors, etc?
If you could "design" a therapist/teacher/doctor, what is the one thing he or she must have?

What would be the thing you would change about the experiences you have had dealing with health proffesionals.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
consideration to you as a family and not just seeing you as a number....i hate that....they seem to treat everyone the same and it annoys me greatly! Smile

xx

• Registered
The knowledge and compassion to be aware that they do NOT always know more than you do and to act on advice/information that you supply them with.

• Administrators
Hi Justamum,
I agree here with what you say.
Our son has a very rare condition and his doctor is a renal doctor who sees him for the renal side of his condition and we are always having to say well what about this,could it be this and could you refer us to..............

I think it really is a thing all parents should do,dont be affraid to push your ideas to the doctor and some doctors are very set in there ways and will not accept it the other way.
As a parent you also have the right to arrange your childs care so do not be affraid to ask questions and seek answers even if that is from another doctor.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
I used to supply every professional that we came into contact with with info on our son's chromosome arrangement, how it presented etc. I also used to be the one that said can we test for such a thing............or can we have such a scan done. As it was, we had a great paediatric consultant who understood that I would not waste precious resources if I did not think it wasx necessary to do the tests etc.

My logic was if we as his parents were not prepared to research, question, ask, and question every little thing regarding our son's health, then no one would. In fact he would probably still be undiagnosed as it took 4 and a half years to get someone to believe I was not paranoid in the first place!

It's no wonder the so called professionals and me did not see eye to eye Lol