• Registered
Does anyone know where you are able to purchase a relatively cheap special needs tricycle? My son is 6 years old and has mobility problems along with various other difficulties. I have looked into purchasing one through the various "special needs" providers, but they are just so expensive (£1200 was the cheapest).

• Member awaiting verfication
Hi Jacob,

You can compare a lot of different cycles for children here on Living made easy for children:
http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/children/cycling-2752/

Depending on what your child needs, there are some that are much cheaper than the prices you've mentioned - but yes, you're right.... unfortunately like so much of this equipment, it can be prohibitively expensive.

There are list of charities here if you wanted to look into charitable funding:
http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/scenario.php?csid=172
Emily,
DLF Occupational Therapist.

• VIP
Emily if i like one off the site, how do i know it would be suitable for my daughter, we live in Belfast and i can't find anyone that sells them here, so i'm unsure about sizing etc. Any advice would be gratefully received.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Established member
there is a company called tomcat trikes, if you google it and e mail them they send u the info plus a dvd then ask for ur childs height measurements etc by phone to ensure u are getting the right product, they are expensive though u could also google funding for children with complex needs and see if there is any funding availabel.
good luck Dawn x

• Registered
hi have you tried charities. cerebra is great for things like that. look on their website and you can apply for lots of different things.good luck.