Posts: 48 | Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2010
Reputation: 0

  • VIP
Hi All,
At the moment i live on my own, my other half lives 80miles away in a one bedroom house. We are looking to move intogether shortly but due to his working comitments i need to move down to him. this is proving to be very expensive, £600-£800 depoist around £500 rent in advance, £150 legal fees £200 removal costs plus furniture as both of our houses are part furnished. he is on a low income and i am on benefits. neither of us are able to get loans due to bad credit, does anyone know if there is any grants we could access? i feel due to my own health issues i need to be living with him sooner rather than later for support with my son.
Posts: 448 | Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0

  • VIP
You could try and get a budgeting loan http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018905, but as your partner works i don't know if you would be entitled unless you got it before you move, (ask for your furniture etc). We got £1400 last year for redecoration. You could try family fund for items as well, the full list is here http://www.parentsofdisabledchildren.co.uk/grants/family-fund-list-updated-t-3232.html

HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)