• Administrators
Came across a useful website when doing my daily internet search for useful sites and thought i would share this as there are many parents of children with Autism.

www.thetransporters.com

Its basically a way to help children with autism learn emotions and facial expressions.

It does seem to come recomended and just wanted to see if parents knew about this and to also see if anybody had tried this.

"A wonderful initiative that is going to make a huge difference to the lives of some very vulnerable children."

Jane Asher, President, National Autistic Society, UK
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
We have the dvd of this, we got it free when it first came out a long time ago, my daughter watched it quite abit then but got bored after a couple of minutes, she is mad on thomas the tank so i thought with them being trains she would like it but she doesnt watch it anymore and never seemed to like it much when she used to watch it. Im not saying thats going to be the same with everyone but she didnt like it.

• Administrators
How much did you pay for it and have you still got this?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
There is something else called 'mind reading'. It's a cd rom with different facial expressions and different tones of voices. The child has to match up voices or phrases to the faces and if they get the answer right they get rewards, i.e. planets, flags, dinosaurs(cyber!). My son is 7 and he loved it. He was actually better at it than me!!! It is rather expensive - about £145, but I borrowed mine from the local autistic society an loaded it onto pc.

• VIP
it was free, they gave away loads of them when they fisrt brought it out. Not sure if i still have it or if it has been thrown (if she doesnt like a dvd she will break it) i will have a look for it and if you wanted it i would be happy to send it to you (if we still have it)