• Administrators
Right ive been hunting around today and really digging deep to see the reason why the NHS say the results take 3 months.
Well there is no medical reason as i found a website which offers the testing:
http://www.fragilex.org/html/laboratory.htm

This was one of the sites amongst many more which say the same thing:

Fragile X DNA testing is one of the more complex molecular genetic tests to perform and interpret. The procedure involves many steps performed over several days and requires a high degree of technical expertise. There is a wide variety of possible results, and interpretation requires experience. The time from the arrival of the sample in the laboratory to the completion of the written report is usually 10-14 days.

I would imagine they are doing what they do with my sons blood tests here.

A fragile x test costs the NHS around £200 per test so most likely what they are doing is grouping up the tests so they would wait for a certain amount to come in and then send them all off together.

Annoying they do this really but its all about saving the money in there eyes.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
what other test do you think they do as well as the fragile x one?

• Registered
i phoned up the peadtrician's receptionist to leave a message about my sons having his bloods done, and the results were already back but she couldnt give me the results only the doctor can do that. the woman was familiar with our familys situation and had been moving appointments so reece can still have his appointment, but a few days before christmas instead of the one next week. i spoke to her for a while about reece and she said if reece's behaviours were leading his life and mine it was time for a diagnosis. she is sending me some diary sheets out too. she says i should put everything on them even how about he attacks you if you put the hoover on and he can hear it. she said she would have a long chat with the doctor and we might beable to get a diagnosis soon when he has his assesment and statement of special needs review.

• Administrators
thats great news, both that they might diagnose AND that the results are back!! that was mega quick! so whens your next appointment with him then?? Fingers crossed on the diagnosis front xx

• Registered
the orginal appointment was for late next week, but it had been cancelled to have it after the review. but i said its very important to have it before so now it will be a few days before christmas.