• Registered
my partner said they took lots of little viles, can say he has a restricted diet. i tried all that before and nothing seems to make him worse or better - although i try to keep him from being all sugared up.

the doctor has said in the past she doesnt know why there is mental retardation, she said it must be damaged chomoses (sp?). will the blood tests show that? it could have been caused at his birth, but his sister who has a diagnosis of autism and gdd was born without any problems. my partner has adhd, his mother i swear is bi-polar and his aunt has a mental delay too. i have a child, my oldest to an ex-partner and he has no problems. then i met my current partner 8 years ago and we had two children that have asd

• Established member
hi becky,we went through all the blood tests including the fragile x one,this is the one that takes the longest to come back as they have to leave it so long to culture,we had to wait nearly three months for the result but perhaps its just the area we live in im not sure..good luck with the results though..

• Banned
hiya regarding tests im going for a skin biopsy to find out how many genes me and my 2 boys have. as we all have a 9q34.3 deletion.
on a positive note i look at the good things.

• Administrators
3 months for a result seems a long time.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
yes daniel i thought that too,but the doctor said that the fragile x one has to be sent to holland to be cultured,,but i havent got a clue why that would be..