• VIP
Hi guys, not been around for a while hope your all ok x
I think I have mentioned here before about having probs with one set of neighbours. In regard to Noah's OCD throwing. It was brought to my attention today during a phone call to my HA that they have infact lodged a formal complaint Sad
Thankfully the HO chose to tell me verbally and not in writing but as you can imagine Im upset. I have tried my best to stop his behaviour, in fact recently he has been really good. But they obv complained duing his last "episode".
I've also tried to explain to them that he isnt doing it because he is a "naughty" child but that its a compulsion he cant control (yet) but the just dont get it. Plus they bin everything that goes over the hegde, yet my two other neighbours just pop things back. I even return their Children football when it comes over, its not that hard is it?
Now Im feeling really worried that if he throws anything else their way Im going be in breach of my tennancy.
I dont know what else I can do?
Though I am thinking of arranging a meeting with my HO to discuss it and any solutions they might think of.
(I know last time I posted about this a few made light of the situation but it is really getting me down)

• VIP
(09-03-2010, 04:54 PM)polomaplus3 Wrote: Hi guys, not been around for a while hope your all ok x
I think I have mentioned here before about having probs with one set of neighbours. In regard to Noah's OCD throwing. It was brought to my attention today during a phone call to my HA that they have infact lodged a formal complaint Sad
Thankfully the HO chose to tell me verbally and not in writing but as you can imagine Im upset. I have tried my best to stop his behaviour, in fact recently he has been really good. But they obv complained duing his last "episode".
I've also tried to explain to them that he isnt doing it because he is a "naughty" child but that its a compulsion he cant control (yet) but the just dont get it. Plus they bin everything that goes over the hegde, yet my two other neighbours just pop things back. I even return their Children football when it comes over, its not that hard is it?
Now Im feeling really worried that if he throws anything else their way Im going be in breach of my tennancy.
I dont know what else I can do?
Though I am thinking of arranging a meeting with my HO to discuss it and any solutions they might think of.
(I know last time I posted about this a few made light of the situation but it is really getting me down)

lots of hugs to you, have you actually spoken to your neighbours Noah's problems

• Registered
I do remember this and I would say stop worrying! any action the HA take will not be against you, they can write to the neighbour (with your permission) explaining that they must be more tolerant due to the disability aspects in this matter and that failure could land them in serious trouble for discrimination.
I know the neighbours will likely ignore it and continue throwing your son's stuff in the bin but maybe t will give the HA enough amunition to get them away from you Smile

• Registered
Contact your housing office and make sure they are aware of everything and they will advise you what to do next.
More than likely if your neighbours have officially complained they will have been asked to make a diary of everything that happens, not sure if they do that in your area though.
As for throwing your property in the bin I have heard tsomewhere that they can be charged for theft as they have already been informed of your childs problem.
Some people are ignorant to anything to do with special needs children dont let it get to you although it can be easier said than done.
Another option would be to raise the height of the fence with trellis as that idea shouldnt break any rules on fence heights as its just a decoration.
Hopefully that should make a slight difference unless your child is an excellent thrower like my 5 year old. :S
Hope all goes well. Smile

• VIP
Both the Housing Officer and my neighbours are fully aware of Noah's needs, I made sure I spoke to the neighbours when they first moved in.
When I was on the phone to my HO she basically said that the neighbours had shown her a box of stuff that Noah had supposedly thrown, one of the items was a plant pot :Smile I know he threw one once but a) they wernt in and b) I fetched it straight back and put it somewhere safe. So either they made that up or he found one I knew nothing about. Majority of stuff going over is small toys, toy parts, sticks and the odd item of clothing!
The HO basically spoke to me like I was stupid and told me to "make sure there isnt anything outside that he could throw" erm duh! I do!!! but he isnt stupid, he will sneak things out of the house or just use his initiative (sp) It felt like she was siding with them tbh, I dont expect people to excuse his behaviour but just to be a little more accepting/understanding.
Its a hedge both front and back that divides the properties and at its highest it is already 6+ft, I am trying to let it grow taller but its slow going!
And he does have a seriously good throwing arm!!!