• VIP
(09-02-2010, 03:53 PM)lolliew Wrote: Hi everyone

I am not sure if you remember but i posted a while back about getting a house build instead of a garage conversion.

Well the long and short of it is that there is no chance according to the council of us having the build and they would only do the conversion despite it meaning that we would have to hire somewhere to work (as we are self employed and work from home using the garage as work storage and storage for our sons wheelchairs, among other things).

I have said the cost of hiring somewhere to work makes working for ourselves impossible as the cost of this is prohibitive, all to no avail.

So i find myself in a very unique (to me) position. We have lived in our home for nearly 20 years and prior to us owning it my grandparents lived here so the house is a little more than just bricks and mortar, and because of the low mortgage i am able to be a stay at home mum to our 3 children. Because of the current financial climate we cannot afford to (or would more than likely not be given) a new mortgage/loan to do the building works ourselves.

I have requested that the council rehouse us, into a 4 bedroomed bungalow or a 4 bedroomed house with a downstairs bathroom and downstairs bedroom and that hopefully it will be sorted soon, as everytime my son takes himself upstairs or brings himself down i fear for him falling down them.

I am very disappointed and feel let down by the system that was supposed to help us.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated

Lolx

Hope that you can get sorted soon