• Registered
Hi Daniel

We have recently received DLA for our son Daniel who's 3. We have recently discovered your website also, thank you.

Friends and family are trying to be helpful, but we're hearing so much conflicting information! We are in receipt of tax credits at the moment, but we're being told that this can be backdated to the date of the claim, this has not happened. Do you know, or do you know anybody that could clarify this for us? We have telephoned tax credits who tell us that there is no backdated payment, but we've spoken with people who tell us that they have received one!

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers

Chris

• Administrators
(11-24-2009, 10:04 AM)Chris and Nicky Wrote: Hi Daniel

We have recently received DLA for our son Daniel who's 3. We have recently discovered your website also, thank you.

Friends and family are trying to be helpful, but we're hearing so much conflicting information! We are in receipt of tax credits at the moment, but we're being told that this can be backdated to the date of the claim, this has not happened. Do you know, or do you know anybody that could clarify this for us? We have telephoned tax credits who tell us that there is no backdated payment, but we've spoken with people who tell us that they have received one!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,
Just so i can dig deeper for you what elements of DLA have you been awarded?
Have you also been awarded an element within your tax credits?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
i think you have to be awarded midle rate care or higher, if you think that the tax credits are wrong you have the right to speak to someone else - i would highly recomend calling them back. recently with carers alowance and income support a lady completely shut down our claim as she was new and not very experienced and then someone called me back to explain and they sorted it out but it took a while.

i myself was awarded middle rate care for my 3 year old daughter and i got some back dated credits in a lump sum.

• Administrators
we got a backdate to the date of diagnosis! you have to be eligable for the severe disability element in tax credits i think.......dans the best at that stuff Big Grin i let him handle it !

xx

• Registered
(11-24-2009, 11:17 AM)Daniel Wrote:
(11-24-2009, 10:04 AM)Chris and Nicky Wrote: Hi Daniel

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,
Just so i can dig deeper for you what elements of DLA have you been awarded?
Have you also been awarded an element within your tax credits?

hi daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

We were awarded the high rate of the care component of the DLA.
And also the disability component and the severe disability element too with the tax credits.

We are wondering about applying for the carers allowance as we are both on jobseekers allowance (income-based) at present.
we were told also that if we apply for the mobility component of the DLA, we would have to reapply for both the mobility, and care component again!

It really is a minefield, and we appreciate any help or advice you can give us.

Many thanks

Chris and Nicky