• VIP
im new here just thought ide introduce my family. We have 4 children my son is 14 and has high fuctioning Autism, my daughter 1 is 12 years old she has a severve language disorder and social communication disorder, my daughter who is 11 years has MLD, my daughter who is 4 is doing so well at school and is way in front of the other children but unfortunatly it seems she may have ASD, we have been asked to wait a while and give her a bit more time, im happy to wait i do not want to rush any diagnois. My oldest 2 children go to an independent special school that we went to tribunal for. We are in battle at the moment trying to work out where best to place my next daughter. The youngest daughter starts reception in January. We live in a busy loving family home, and we get by on a day to day basis. I know things could be a lot worse so im happy with my lot.

• Administrators
Hello Julie,
Welcome to the forum.
Schools are such a worry!
In fact we are going to view a school today for our son so wish us luck we need it..
Im glad to see you won an independent school at tribunal,did you win that yourself or did you have help?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
we won for ourselves, we could not aford legal help. my daughter did see a private speach and language therapist though. IF you need help the code of practice is very useful. did your vist go well?

• Administrators
Im so glad to hear you did this yourself you can stick around and give out some tips now then.

Our visit was a little annoying as the word funding was mentioned and as the school is over the road but comes under a diffrent council to ours it will become very complicated.

I believe ive found a loop hole in law which should prevent a major fight,but i shall know for sure on Monday.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(11-28-2009, 08:24 AM)Daniel Wrote: Im so glad to hear you did this yourself you can stick around and give out some tips now then.

Our visit was a little annoying as the word funding was mentioned and as the school is over the road but comes under a diffrent council to ours it will become very complicated.

I believe ive found a loop hole in law which should prevent a major fight,but i shall know for sure on Monday.

im not sure what you mean, but if its that the school is in a different county to your address, but its a mainstream school then its your choice where you school your child but you are usually responsible for transport. if its a special school and you require transport as long as its an LA maintained school and the only school that can meet your childs needs it should be written in your statement. If its an independent special school you will need to prove that your childs current school cannot meet your childs needs this usually ends in tribunal, but not always.