• Established member
(11-24-2009, 08:32 PM)bessie Wrote: We had the these troubles too. I found the only way with the nappy was to quickly lie him down and straddle him with my back facing him so he couldn't get his arms round my sides or kick and do it as quickly as possible. I'm sure most childcare experts would be horrified but I after a few bad incidents including waiting over and hour in marks & spencers baby changing with other people coming and going trying to persuade him to get a nappy on and also my husband bringing him out naked into the sainsburys cafe saying he couldnt get it on there was little option!

it was the health visitor that reffered us to portage and it happened quite quickly and for a permanent slot it took about 3 weeks

• Administrators
3 weeks to get them involved,i think we have waited longer for a reply to our contact.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
the paediatrician reffered us to portage and it took about 4 weeks to hear from them,they come in once a week,and i take little one to their creche once a week also,i have to say they are really great with him..
hi,it was the health visitor who originally said she would refer us to portage,thats why ive posted again after remembering that...goodness all this lack of sleep and flying round has muddled my brain i think lol,sorry about that..

• Administrators
so they have their own creches? i didnt know that, i dont suppose their are many....might speak to his paed about it tommorow, euan is starting his theraputic group assessments in the afternoon :S fingers crossed they go as well as can be.....

xx

• Established member
the creche is based at our local special needs school,portage is based there too.Good luck tomorrow i hope everything goes ok.