• VIP
Didn't know where else to post this but just wanted to tell you about our family meal out at Frankie and Bennys.

It's the 1st time we've dared to take Jack out for a meal in such a busy loud restaurant. I rang ahead and booked a table and at the time of booking asked if we could have a table overlooking the car park and explained that Jack has ASD and looking at the cars would keep him calm.

The girl who took the booking was lovely and said she'd make sure we'd have a good table. We were late getting there cause we had to go back home for Jack's 'special' mug (anything for a quiet life) but she'd kept our table for us (even though there were people waiting for tables) and sure enough it overlooked the car park. She asked if we needed anything special for Jack and to let her know if we did. We we're okay. Later on one of the waiters came and closed the blinds near us blocking Jack's view of the cars - the 'booking' lady rushed over to us to ask if Jack was okay and would we rather have the blinds open. He was okay as by this time he'd taken to 'people watching' and was also fascinated by the ceiling fans!

We just had a lovely time and Jack being relaxed and happy meant that the rest of us could enjoy our meal. I know it comes down to individual personalities in places like this but I got the feeling that they welcome people, particularly children, with disabilities - in fact, as we were leaving a family were coming in with a young child in a wheelchair. - SO hats off to Frankie and Bennys for good, caring customer service - hope it's the same in other towns and not just Hull.

• VIP
As we all know eating / going out can be a nightmare so I was glad to hear it all worked out so well for you and your son enjoyed himself and you were able to relax

Our local F&B staff are a waste of space, no patience or understading and the food (if you can call it that) leaves a lot to be desired.
Good Friends are like stars;

You don't often see them ...
... but you know they're always there

• Moderators
must say i have only been once and while the starter and main were nice there was a long wait in between and i had to grab a waitress to take dessert order and get some drinks then after 20 mins the pancakes and ice cream that looked lovely in picture was overmicrowaved pancakes and melted ice cream so i dont know if it was still frozen or ice cream had made pancake stone cold so i gave it back and not been back since, i think its a bit expensive for pre cooked food round here anyway where u can get 2courses and a drink for a fiver Big GrinBig Grin

it does sound good from a disabled persons view though so its good that you have a restaurant that you can go as a family and everybody enjoys it i used to get tables by the window so matt could watch buses go past hehe, his fave at moment is carvery though loves his 2 meat and veg Tongue
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Hi

I'm glad you had a nice time. My son Alex loves Frankie & Bennys its about the only restaurant that he clears his plate in (they do a lovely Children pizza).

Our local F &B's is quite good but service can be a bit slow sometimes (even when it not that busy). On one visit we waited so long for someone to come and take our food order that my husband rang them from his mobile to ask them to come and take the order Blush I was mortified and the waitress was not happy but hubby was very amused by it all.

Mum to Alexander (6) Friedreich's Ataxia and Hypertrophic Cardimyopathy

• VIP
(08-19-2010, 06:15 PM)SusieL66 Wrote: Didn't know where else to post this but just wanted to tell you about our family meal out at Frankie and Bennys.

It's the 1st time we've dared to take Jack out for a meal in such a busy loud restaurant. I rang ahead and booked a table and at the time of booking asked if we could have a table overlooking the car park and explained that Jack has ASD and looking at the cars would keep him calm.

The girl who took the booking was lovely and said she'd make sure we'd have a good table. We were late getting there cause we had to go back home for Jack's 'special' mug (anything for a quiet life) but she'd kept our table for us (even though there were people waiting for tables) and sure enough it overlooked the car park. She asked if we needed anything special for Jack and to let her know if we did. We we're okay. Later on one of the waiters came and closed the blinds near us blocking Jack's view of the cars - the 'booking' lady rushed over to us to ask if Jack was okay and would we rather have the blinds open. He was okay as by this time he'd taken to 'people watching' and was also fascinated by the ceiling fans!

We just had a lovely time and Jack being relaxed and happy meant that the rest of us could enjoy our meal. I know it comes down to individual personalities in places like this but I got the feeling that they welcome people, particularly children, with disabilities - in fact, as we were leaving a family were coming in with a young child in a wheelchair. - SO hats off to Frankie and Bennys for good, caring customer service - hope it's the same in other towns and not just Hull.
glad that you had a nice time, in our local F&B they are so slow