• Registered
My son uses the Tendercare Buggy for travelling to school.The buggy is very heavy and difficult to push on road.I need a buggy which I can use for taking him for walk.He is 4yr 5mths now.

• Moderators
have you contacted wheelchair services in your area? some areas need a referral from a gp or ot but others enable you to self refer. they will be able to assess your son and help get the best pushchair for his needs rather than spending your own money as they can get very expensive
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
(08-18-2010, 07:46 PM)corinne Wrote: have you contacted wheelchair services in your area? some areas need a referral from a gp or ot but others enable you to self refer. they will be able to assess your son and help get the best pushchair for his needs rather than spending your own money as they can get very expensive

This buggy is provided by our wheelchair services.They feel that this buggy is best for his needs.Our PT suggested to look for a lighter buggy for small purposes as the buggy provided by them is not foldable and is very heavy.It does not fit in our car boot also.

• Moderators
i dont understand how they feel its the best for him if it doesnt even fold up which effectively stops you from taking it anywhere by any form of transport as even buses are hit and miss as to whether there is wheelchair spaces available

http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/children/three_wheeled-buggies-p/special-tomato-jogger-0102241-2775-information.htm can help you find the best buggy for your needs and can help find funding as well, the link shows one buggy dont forget that as its for your son you shouldnt have to pay the vat
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
As Corinne said the living made easy website have some very good options to look at.
If you find something that you feel maybe better for your needs you could then apply for funding from a list of sources one of which is:
http://www.newlifecharity.co.uk/

If Newlife cannot help you please do let me know and ill be happy to share many more.
Just dont want to bamboozle you with a big list now and i know that Newlife are a fantastic charity who help many so well worth a try Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE