• Registered
i have applied for a move from council on medical grounds due to my 4 year old son having distrophic dysplasia which is shortening of the long bones he was born with severe club feet which his had 3 operations on already and kyphosis of the spine which he has plates and pins. once they assessed our application for medical we was awarded a band d so we went to hillingdon law centre which got his banding down to a c they said that that was not good enough and have tried to get a band b but havent since had any response.we also had our ot do assessment for adaptions she applied dfg which once processed and the dfg surveyer came to see what adaptions we could not have the adaptions our son required and he suggested that we would have to be rehoused please help how can we get the council to rehouse us

• VIP
(08-18-2010, 06:31 AM)michellepotter32 Wrote: i have applied for a move from council on medical grounds due to my 4 year old son having distrophic dysplasia which is shortening of the long bones he was born with severe club feet which his had 3 operations on already and kyphosis of the spine which he has plates and pins. once they assessed our application for medical we was awarded a band d so we went to hillingdon law centre which got his banding down to a c they said that that was not good enough and have tried to get a band b but havent since had any response.we also had our ot do assessment for adaptions she applied dfg which once processed and the dfg surveyer came to see what adaptions we could not have the adaptions our son required and he suggested that we would have to be rehoused please help how can we get the council to rehouse us

it took us 4 years to move out of our flat in to a 3 bed house, The first thing to do is to get all the health pros on your side. Maybe ask them if they could write letters to teh council saying where you are isn't suitable for you all. Also say to them that your health is starting to suffer if it is. Hope u get moved soon