Posts: 7,752 | Threads: 3,202
Joined: Oct 2009
Reputation: 11

  • Administrators
Do you or your child need a holiday and a change of scene.
There are many options to help fund a holiday for you and your children and we have compiled a useful guide of useful organisations to help fund your holiday for you and your disabled children.

The Family Fund
This organisation may be able to help towards holiday costs for families who include a child who is severely disabled (aged under 16 years). Grants vary in size and can be used towards family holidays with or without the disabled child.

Contact :0845 130 45 42
The Family Fund,
P.O. Box 50,
YO1 2ZX.

Website : http://www.familyfundtrust.org.uk

The Family Welfare Association
This organisation may be able to assist an adult or child have a holiday in the UK.
It will accept referrals from a social worker or voluntary agency.

Contact :0207 254 6251

The Family Welfare Association,
The Grants Administrator
501505 Kingsland Road
E8 4AU

Website http://www.fwa.org.uk

Family Holiday Association
This organisation may be able to provide funding for a holiday (one week only) in the UK.
Application should be made between October and November for the
following year as funds tend to be spent by March. For a copy of the application form and guidelines please apply to the address below with an SAE.

Contact :0207 436 3304
Family Holiday Association

The Holiday Charity for Families in Need
The Grants Officer
16 Mortimer Street
Website http://www.fhaonline.org.uk

Pearson’s Holiday Fund
The fund provides small grants to help make it possible for children and young people (aged 4 to 16 years) of families on benefit level
income to have holidays or outings.
Applications for grants may only be submitted by appropriate third party referring agencies (e.g. social workers, health visitors, teachers etc).

Applications must be in the form of a letter and accompanied by a Stamped Addressed or Prepaid Envelope for their reply.

Pearson’s Holiday Fund,
PO Box 3017,
South Croydon,
Website http://www.pearsonsholidayfund.org

The Child Brain Injury Trust (CBIT)
The Trust is a UKwide charity offering support, information and training on acquired brain injury in children. Amongst its support services, small grants are available for various items including holidays.The grants are paid to a third party e.g. Social Services, NHS Fund or firm supplying a service and not paid directly to the family.

Contact :0845 6014939
Website http://www.cbituk.org
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE
Posts: 7,752 | Threads: 3,202
Joined: Oct 2009
Reputation: 11

  • Administrators
Help is a registered charity run by volunteers (who are or have lone parents themselves) to provide lowcost holidays for lone parents and access parents with Pontins and Haven.
They also have their own caravans on three sites

P.O. Box 244,
DN21 9AQ
Tel/Fax 01427 668717
email: janice@help.fslife.co.uk
Website http://www.helphols.co.uk
Membership fee. £5 yearly + cost of holiday
Eligibility :a lone parent with a child under the age of 18.

The Harriet Davis Trust
This charity provides properties in seaside locations suitably constructed or adapted and equipped to enable disabled children, their families and carers to enjoy the benefits of seaside holidays.
For General Enquiries
contact :01834 814645
Email : admin@harrietdavis.freeserve.co.uk

For Bookings
contact :01834 845197
Helen Lees Griffiths,
Harriet Davis Trust, Tenby Observer Offices, Warren Street,
Tenby, Pembs, SA70 7JY, UK

Website http://www.harrietdavistrust.brecon.co.uk

Phab organises an annual summer programme of Integrated Living Experiences– residential projects at purpose built activity centres for disabled and non disabled children aged 9-18.

At centres on Exmoor and the Lake District.
Applicants do not need to be a member of a PHAB club and referrals from social workers are welcomed.

Phab Office,
Summit House,
50 Wandle Road,
contact :020 8667 9443
email : info@phab.org.uk
website http://www.phabengland.org.uk/hols.htm

Nancy Oldfield Trust (Activities for Disabled)
This organisation offers water and land based activities for mentally and
physically disabled people of all ages on a residential or day visitor basis. The Centre, a bungalow set in one and a half acres, has a wet dock giving access to Barton Broad and the Norfolk Broads beyond, has a large sitting/lecture room, a disabled friendly kitchen, four bedrooms and three toilet/shower rooms.
Wheelchair access throughout.

Contact :01692 630572
Robin Slatter, The Warden, The Nancy Oldfield Trust, Irstead Road,
Neatishead, Norwich NR12 8BJ

Website http://www.nancyoldfield.org.uk/index.htm

The Kensington Foundation
This is a Blackpool based Charity and The Daisy Chain project offers
accommodation in Blackpool for respite breaks to any family caring for a sick or disabled child. Referrals are needed from Hospices, Hospitals, Social Workers and other Agencies and are welcome from anywhere in the UK.

Contact :01253 761444
email kentrust1@hotmail.com
website http://www.kensingtonfoundation.com
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE
Posts: 22 | Threads: 1
Joined: May 2010
Reputation: 0

  • Established member
we used the kensington foundation last year and would highly recommend also we self referred and got a cancellation very helpful and the flats are lovely not to far or too close to promenade xxxxxx
[Image: S5034407.jpg]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)