• Registered
hi im new to this site but im looking for a pushchair for my son as his alvema pixi's front wheel is on the verge of being totally bust as the foam on the wheel has started to split and fall off the wheel. ive tried glueing it back on and duct taping it but it doesnt last long.

• VIP
Hello 'AandAsmummy'

Have you talked to your OT about them getting you equipment for your son as you shouldnt have to pay out for one. Ny son is 6 years of age now and we havent had to buy special needs equipment pushchair etc. We got referred to the "wheelchair Services" in our area, check out where yours will be. The OT should also be able to help you out with special needs car seat as well more support for your son.

How old is your son?

If this is not the case you can apply to NEWLIFE for a grant to fund the equipment that you need, just google NEWLIFE in and get in touch with them. I assume he is getting bigger that is why the puschair you have is broken they will be sturdy the special needs prams etc, they will advise you on what type will be suitable for both of you. Do get in touch with your childs OT and ask them for help on this matter.

xxx
Angel

• Registered
(08-13-2010, 10:09 PM)Diane Wrote: Hello 'AandAsmummy'

Have you talked to your OT about them getting you equipment for your son as you shouldnt have to pay out for one. Ny son is 6 years of age now and we havent had to buy special needs equipment pushchair etc. We got referred to the "wheelchair Services" in our area, check out where yours will be. The OT should also be able to help you out with special needs car seat as well more support for your son.

How old is your son?

If this is not the case you can apply to NEWLIFE for a grant to fund the equipment that you need, just google NEWLIFE in and get in touch with them. I assume he is getting bigger that is why the puschair you have is broken they will be sturdy the special needs prams etc, they will advise you on what type will be suitable for both of you. Do get in touch with your childs OT and ask them for help on this matter.

xxx
Angel

as the title says - my son is 8yrs old. he has alvema pixi pushchair which is suppose to be suitable for him but the front wheels are splitting and falling apart.

we have talked to our OT many times but they dont seem to be quick at getting around to doing anything. they usually give out the maclaren major anyway which we have had in the past and they dont last long

• Administrators
(08-14-2010, 06:47 AM)AandAsmummy Wrote:
(08-13-2010, 10:09 PM)Diane Wrote: Hello 'AandAsmummy'

How old is your son?

xxx
Angel

as the title says - my son is 8yrs old. he has alvema pixi pushchair which is suppose to be suitable for him but the front wheels are splitting and falling apart.

we have talked to our OT many times but they dont seem to be quick at getting around to doing anything. they usually give out the maclaren major anyway which we have had in the past and they dont last long

Hi,
Thanks for the post Smile
Wheelchair services is always the first point of call as such.
You mention the OT not getting around to things have they already made a referal?
I understand what you mean about OT's taking there time as they are the same almost everywhere Sad
We waited and waited and in the end our sons physio done it for us Smile
Did the exsisting chair come from wheelchair services or private funding?

Another two options i can think of now are the following charities:
http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/gethelp/getequipment/
http://www.newlifecharity.co.uk/docs/about_us/what_we_do.shtml

Hope the two charities maybe able to help and if not or you have any problems please let me know and i will do all i can to assist Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
we first asked the OT about 2yrs ago and one of the medical visits at his school . when we still heard nothing about 6 months later at another review at his school they said they would trace it up and so on.

we got his previous puschair 2nd hand off ebay about a yr ago