• Administrators
Do you find either of your children are protective over you? Euan seems to be quite over me, at the minute everything dan does is bad or 'naughty' as euan puts it. He can't dance, sing, hug me, sit in the wrong chair etc. If he catches dan hugging me he gets between and hits him telling him no and pushing him away. Dan said earlier he may aswell stop talking because it just gets him into trouble......thats bad when your Children get you like that! He also won't let anyone do anything to him or give him anything but me and if i ask anyone to get anything like a nappy it has to be him that helps mommy. He also won't hear a bad word said about me.....if emily or dan says for a joke 'nanny stinks' then thats ok but if they say its me he screams no mommy. I just don't get it......

• Registered
lol, i guess its because he takes things that are said and actions very very litteral (sp) so he knows that theses things are not true and cannot accept them as a joke. my son cannot take this kind of joking, im guessing euan likes slapstick humor (like youve been framed). my son being 6 says he wants us to get married, he goes on about the dress, the ring, what car we will 'fly' in, how big our sandcastle is going to be where we will live. i think thats he way of telling me he loves me, as with euan its being very protective - when he does this start calling him your 'superhero'.

my son cant take his second name being said wrong, it gets him so mad. in fact saying his full name over and over has been an obssession. when i come home he comes to me and says 'its me reece *******', which i find funny. he wont accept his dad has the same surname or his sister - he goes crazy as hes the only one!!!! hes got postive self image (which is great and has always been promoted in our house), and hes very confident in talking all about himself - which is what the doctor is mistaking for social communication (how can it be sucessfully social if he isnt bothered about the other person and doesnt listen or enquire things about them?)

• Administrators
i never really thought about whether he takes it litteraly and yes he does like humour he can physically see, like when postman pat falls over he laughs shouting 'pat bum pat bum' and now when he falls over thats also what he says! euan is the total opposite when it comes to his name, he refers to himselfs as 'me' only.....he wont even say 'i', its always 'me like it' or 'me want it'. i agree its not social communication if he's not interested in listening to others, maybe they could ask him to talk about something else like school or a friend, something he wouldn't really talk about?

xx