• VIP
Hi, I do hope it all goes well for you, please keep us updated!

I telephoned our key worker today regarding DP and to see if we were eligible! I was told we would only get if we were a family in crisis, I said we are not in crisis but having someone to look after our little one would be very helpful and give us a bit of a break. I was then told that we could use DLA to pay for that!!! I don't want anything that we are not eligible for but is that right???
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
Just wondering can you use direct payments for days out. Ben loves going out to new places but can't always afford it all the time.

• VIP
You dont have to be a family in crisis, we have been awarded dp but as far as I'm aware we're not considered that!
I'm not that helpful though as I don't really understand it, we've had them for a couple of months, yet no one has been to show me how to do the timesheets yet?
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• VIP
Hi, thank you for the reply. I am not to sure what we are going to do now........we are coping ok but the DP would have given us a break!!!!! I never leave her with anyone except for my husband and school as I find it so hard to trust others with her because they don't know her like we do!! I don't even trust me parents who are lovely and raised 6 of us!! I shouldn't moan tho as all of us are in the same boat. Maybe I will leave it for the time being and ask again if we are finding things hard in the future..
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
Keep pushing!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart