• VIP
How exactly does it work, ie tax and national insurance payments etc. I was thinking about getting this but i want to know the details before i get SS involved.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Moderators
if you hire somebody who is registered as self employed then they have to pay their own tax and national insurance (bit like working for aldi Big Grin) if you hire somebody who either works or isnt self employed then you have to pay the tax and national insurance out of the money you get. disability solutions usually have somebody who can help you with that and also have a list of crb checked ppl (if you know the person and trust them they dont need to be crb checked at least thats what i was told) or do interviews for you and just give you a shortlist if they deal with the tax and ni they do charge but its not much.
i am assuming that disability solutions is countrywide and not just in stoke if not there will be a similar group (they are volunteers that are disabled themselves someway)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
i have asked my sister-in-law would she be interested in doing it (today), she's currently on benefits, so she's obviously worried about rent, tax, ni etc. so i would want to find out all the info before i even consider asking the ss about it. If she doesn't do it, then i would prefer that SS to organise the respite.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Administrators
(08-22-2010, 07:20 PM)slharris28 Wrote: i have asked my sister-in-law would she be interested in doing it (today), she's currently on benefits, so she's obviously worried about rent, tax, ni etc. so i would want to find out all the info before i even consider asking the ss about it. If she doesn't do it, then i would prefer that SS to organise the respite.
What benefits is she currently on?
As this would most likely affect them as you can only earn so much i think its currently £15 on income support before having to have your benefits reduced.
But in terms of once you know how much your getting then the benefit checker would give an indication to what levels it would affect her.

Also in terms of general direct payments dependent on how much you are awarded there is not always tax and national insurance to consider if the amount is under that persons tax threshold but would apply to most if they have any other income Smile

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
I have 3 hours a week but struggle to use it. I had a great young man when he was around but not reliable. I wish I could pay for this like a gym membership, also his 18 year old sister does everything for him, including shaving (he is 14 and starting to get hairy lol) but I cannot give it her her to take him out, I have to wait until she moves out. In the meantime she is working for minmum wage and he misses her like mad!