• VIP
i currently receive direct payments i use it for 2 days nursery a week (this will stop sept when son goes to special school). i also have a pa for four hours, i use this on sat afternoon.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• Administrators
(08-13-2010, 05:41 PM)corinne Wrote: it says on your link that direct payments are for under 17 but you can get it for adults too, my friends son is 19 and has direct payments and uses them to pay a pa to take him out, she didnt get them until he was 18 as she wasnt told about them when his respite was stopped by mistake (told her it was 16 when it was actually 18 by which time she had told her son he wasnt going back and he wouldnt be changed back) dont know what age he will get it to but it has been increased due to him only going to college 3 days instead of 5
The reason i classed it as under 17 is that over 18 classes as Adult direct payments and the rules do vary slightly Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
i dont know about the different rules apart from m8 got offered more hours than they tried to palm me off with and without fighting for it.
also we are getting a few parents of older children who might not apply if they think it stops at 17 as it depends on if you have a decent transitional worker if you are even told about it round here anyhow. sorry for contradicting you Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(08-13-2010, 10:55 PM)corinne Wrote: i dont know about the different rules apart from m8 got offered more hours than they tried to palm me off with and without fighting for it.
also we are getting a few parents of older children who might not apply if they think it stops at 17 as it depends on if you have a decent transitional worker if you are even told about it round here anyhow. sorry for contradicting you Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Your right!
Happy to make an amendment later today for a section those over 17 Smile
You are trouble Big Grin

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
(08-14-2010, 07:39 AM)Daniel Wrote: Your right!
Happy to make an amendment later today for a section those over 17 Smile
You are trouble Big Grin

lol its only taken you how many months to work that out?? AngelAngel
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.