• Administrators
Ive released a useful guide to direct payments which can be viewed on the following page:
Parents guide to direct payments
The purpose of this thread is to have a questions and answers section on direct payments.
So if you have any questions about direct payments let us know and between us all we can provide answers Smile

Also who currently uses direct payments and how do you use them?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
it says on your link that direct payments are for under 17 but you can get it for adults too, my friends son is 19 and has direct payments and uses them to pay a pa to take him out, she didnt get them until he was 18 as she wasnt told about them when his respite was stopped by mistake (told her it was 16 when it was actually 18 by which time she had told her son he wasnt going back and he wouldnt be changed back) dont know what age he will get it to but it has been increased due to him only going to college 3 days instead of 5
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
I know the info will be available somewhere but I have my lazy weekend head on....... is there a financial assessment for direct payments? I am just thinking for when daughter goes to uni next year.

• Moderators
i think it goes more on need than financial, dont think m8 got asked about her financies, plus as your daughter is over 16 it would go on her requirements and fiinancies if it did as she would be the one claiming it not you
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/DG_10016128
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
(08-13-2010, 06:06 PM)corinne Wrote: i think it goes more on need than financial, dont think m8 got asked about her financies, plus as your daughter is over 16 it would go on her requirements and fiinancies if it did as she would be the one claiming it not you
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/DG_10016128

That's good to know Corrine, thanks Smile