• VIP
i also did the early bird course last year, and it was really good to meet others with autistic children and get help and ideas from them, the actual learning about autism didnt bother me too much as i know myself what it is like to be autistic as i have aspergers, but the advice about things such as toileting from other parents was really helpful.

• Registered
do you have a family support worker? or your health visitor maybe able to tell you when and where. it promotes paitence (sp) and play and you build from there. some of the stuff i was already doing from speech and language

• Registered
It sounds good - I could do with it I think. On the bags under the eyes - the other day I turned up at school after a particularly bad night & another mum who I talk to saw me and her first words were "Oh no whats happened are you ill!" lol

• Administrators
(11-17-2009, 04:08 PM)bessie Wrote: another mum who I talk to saw me and her first words were "Oh no whats happened are you ill!" lol
Sounds like a nice ladyDodgyBig Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
So whats the Next step now then Becky did they tell you what they will help with in full?
Maybe useful for other members to know
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE