• VIP
I have just had a call of the OT's assisant that has been dealing with us , am sat here crying!! She was so snotty she first visited us in march when she said she would get the ball rolling and put us on the OT waiting list .....she didnt and said she would get us help with other stuff we needed ...........she didnt, she told us in march that our stairs were not suitable for a stairlift .......its a straight staircase, she came out 2 weeks ago an said she would refer us for an ot bathroom great as we cannot shower Joe properly at the moment, i get a letter last week to say there is a huge waiting list, she also said our stairs were perfect for a stairlift, everyone else but her has agreed its best if we can move I am so annoyed as if she had done all this in march when she first came out things could be in place now our appt for the stairlift is not until the 1st nov, its just her attiude that has upset me if you were me would you put a complaint in?

Vicky
Mum of 4, Christopher 15 Joe 13 Kate 12 Rosie 3
Christopher type 1 diabetes Joe Rare Chromosone Abnormality associated with Microcephaley Global Development Delay Dysmorphism

• Member awaiting verfication
Hi Vic,
So sorry to hear that you've had such a bad time.

I think you are well within your rights to make a complaint and hopefully by doing so the service will improve for you and others in the future.

The Citizens Advice Bureau has a good online advice guide to making a complaint about the NHS and Social Services which you might like to read:
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_family/health/nhs_and_local_authority_social_services_complaints.htm
Emily,
DLF Occupational Therapist.

• Registered
You must feel bad right now but you can turn the anger and upset into even more determination.... please dont let it drag you down.
The complaint route is best and take your time wording things so you get accross exactly what you want to say Smile

• VIP
Thanks for the advice Jamie wants to phone her i have said no he then said i will go to the office i have said no just hope he has calmed down by the time he gets in from work!!
I want him to do a 'complaint email' as we will have proof then of what would of been said why is it so hard to have the things we need for our disabled children i have calmed down (a bit ) just waiting for keyworker to come not in the best of moods so she will probably go out of here bein sorry she came lol, just had enough now just want whats best for Joe, what makes it worse he should of gone away yday for a few days and he got to the mini bus and then got of kicking screaming hit him me and jamie threw himself on the floor and what made it worse other parents just stood an watched were i would of turned my back, and all this happend outside a police station of all places !!! sorry rant over now will let you know how we get on!!

Vicky
Mum of 4, Christopher 15 Joe 13 Kate 12 Rosie 3
Christopher type 1 diabetes Joe Rare Chromosone Abnormality associated with Microcephaley Global Development Delay Dysmorphism

• Administrators
What area do you come under and ill see if i can get your the main email address for the operational director.
Always a good place to go to directly Smile
Ive had the experiences of OT's and social services recently so i know that worked for us.

But do now make it official and dont hesitate taking it further i didnt although it did bring a great deal of stress fighting them until i had a meeting with the operational director in person and it was sorted that day Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE