• Administrators
(08-10-2010, 08:27 PM)mummy to 3 Wrote: sorry daniel i ment to say we dont have a social worker we find them too over bearing and interfer too much this is why we opted agaisnt it
Alot of people have this view and i admit used to because social services were involved in our family when i was just a young boy and my sister was a vile menance Blush (She never changed)
But the social workers from the children's disability teams are not the same i assure you and i would ask you reconsider so that you can get a direct payment assesment.
They can take a good few months to get done so i would really consider asking for an assesment now if you can.
As Corinne said they dont have time to interfere now and will happily leave you to it once the assesment is over.
Have you any questions about what you can expect from social services if they were to become involved?

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Congratulations!
I echo what others said about social workers, I was always apprehensive but we've just got one and shes fab, really nice, and is disgusted that we were left to manage on our own and fighting for sevices for so long, shes going to get him reassessed for direct payments even though we've been refused them a few times now!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Administrators
(08-12-2010, 06:34 AM)mummy_of_matty Wrote: Congratulations!
I echo what others said about social workers, I was always apprehensive but we've just got one and shes fab, really nice, and is disgusted that we were left to manage on our own and fighting for sevices for so long, shes going to get him reassessed for direct payments even though we've been refused them a few times now!
You made me jump then Blush
I saw the thread titles and underneath Mummy of matty and i thought ANOTHER Big Grin
That will teach me to scan read the boxes down the left in the morning.

• VIP
:o nooooo not me!
not yet anyway! Big Grin
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Administrators
(08-12-2010, 06:48 AM)mummy_of_matty Wrote: :o nooooo not me!
not yet anyway! Big Grin
Oooh not yet Blush
Trying or planning or hoping one day?