• Registered
well i do hope you get it, does your mother in law have the children often?

• Administrators
she has emily every other week and dans mom has her alternate weeks but no1 has EVER had euan and he's 3 in march. she has agreed albeit reluctantly i think. She said though if he gets too distressed she will bring him back lol (watch that be my luck now) Emily is going to dans moms so that just leaves alfie who goes down at 7/8 and sleeps through.....even if i get up at 4/5 and feed him he'll go back down till about 7 so that gives me the best night sleep i have had in over a year!!! wuhoo i'm excited, i'm gunna have a take-away, play the wii (i might even stretch to a glass of wine which i havent drank in 3 YEARS!!) and then i'm gunna go to bed....alot to fit in before 8pm lol funny how the thought of it makes you feel a little more lively. I am soooo tierd at the minute its not funny. Euan has been awake since 3am...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sad

xx

• Registered
(11-15-2009, 03:08 PM)Teejay38 Wrote: Hi, my boy is 4 and has autism. Fortunately for us he has always been a great sleeper since he was a baby. For the past 3 months though his sleep has become more disturbed and he is screaming hysterically through the night. It only happened, say, once every couple of weeks initially, now its about 5 nights out of 7 and sometimes up to three times a night.

One night in particular, he was screaming and shouting "no" and "help" in his sleep, when I went in to comfort him I couldn't wake him up and he was still shouting and screaming, he wouldn't open his eyes, this went on for a few minutes even when I picked him up??.

I know it may just be down to his age and he's just having nightmares but the "nightmares" are getting worse and more frequent.

Anybody else experience this with their child or have any advice??

Thanks

Hi Teejay - these sound like sleep terrors and not nightmares. My son used to get them nightly when he was little (he's now almost 21years). Although they are very disturbing to you to watch them, they cause no harm at all to your son, in fact the normally have no recollection of them the next day. What I will say is that they do tend to grow out of them though, so that's one good thing. Hope this helps.

• Member awaiting verfication
(11-15-2009, 03:08 PM)Teejay38 Wrote: Hi, my boy is 4 and has autism. Fortunately for us he has always been a great sleeper since he was a baby. For the past 3 months though his sleep has become more disturbed and he is screaming hysterically through the night. It only happened, say, once every couple of weeks initially, now its about 5 nights out of 7 and sometimes up to three times a night.

One night in particular, he was screaming and shouting "no" and "help" in his sleep, when I went in to comfort him I couldn't wake him up and he was still shouting and screaming, he wouldn't open his eyes, this went on for a few minutes even when I picked him up??.

I know it may just be down to his age and he's just having nightmares but the "nightmares" are getting worse and more frequent.

Anybody else experience this with their child or have any advice??

Thanks

this may be "NIGHT TERRORS" this is usually worse for the parents than for the child dont know if there is anything you cn do about it you may need advice from a doctor, in the meantime just make sure he is not hurting himself during these episodes if it is night terrors i think they usually grow out of them sorry i couldnt be more help