• VIP
I have a daughter with gdd..she is two and a half..I have no formal diagnosis as yet...she has no speech and is not walking yet and has not reached a lot of milestones for her age....but in the last few monthes she has shown some progress... taking life one day at a time and taking joy in her every achievement has enriched my life.. there are times when I look at other children and think if only...but then it wouldnt be Gabriella....welcome to the site!

• VIP
Hello, don't blush, nothing wrong with GDD it is seeming to be more and more common, especially in multiples.

My little boy has severe GDD amongst a host of other things, he is now 19 months but approx. only 8 months, he can not sit unaided, eat anything than puree, walk, talk etc, its hard but its a delay and with work things can change.

How old are your little boys, have you been offered any help as of yet ?

Kara
x

• VIP
thank you all it really nice to get to know you and all your lovely and special children my boys are 21 months and are for most areas 11 months or less. and 6 months speech and lang i see that many of your children are waiting diagnoses ,mine was done via ruth griffth score and paed has now got multi dis team involved been really really lucky that its only take 3 month from first pae appoint to where we r now,appoint with physio,play therpists which we now have at home in sept and they start group classes in sept in development center.we have been asked to go down gentic route as husbands eldest child has serve learning dis and physical problems and has been in sn school since age 5 and shes 18 now .great getting toknow you all more and more about your great Children so keep writing zoexxx
i have 4 special children emily 9 thomas 3 and id twins who have gdd who are all the greatest

• VIP
this might seem like a daft question but as ive been offered no advice or information on gdd will they ever catch up to children there age i seem to get the impression that they will always be over a year or more behind and they could widden the gap futher. as some of you have said they have repeated a yr in school how did you find this did it help them.
i have 4 special children emily 9 thomas 3 and id twins who have gdd who are all the greatest

• VIP
We have just found out our son has a language disorder. He has always been about a yr behind mentally so it came as no surprise. We started signing when he turned 2 (nov 09) for us it's been the best thing we have done. He has about 20 signs now (it's taken a lot of hard work and perseverance) but it's worthwhile, purely because he could not ask for food/ drink etc. Now he signs juice or more which seems to be his favourite sign, i wonder why lol. Each child is different so signing may not always work but I am definitely for it as it has opened up a world of things for our son. x