• Established member
DisappearHi all;
I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone uses the baby jogger freedom buggy?

My daughter is 10 and weighs about 8 stone so is quite heavy for her age ...she has a wheelchair but it is so hard to push and she feels every bump in the road...also she tires very easily and cannot sleep in the wheelchair, so i was looking to purchase a pushcahir that would suit her weight ...The baby jogger freedom is the only one i can find ...we dont have an OT, so dont know really who to ask or where to find out ..

Any response will be greatly received .... many thanks rachel

• Administrators
it is my understanding that to access wheelchair services, you dont need an OT, we asked our physio to send the forms however wheelchair services advised me to get them from our GP and get them to send it off. They call you in for an assessment with their OT to find something to suit. If what they will provide isnt really what you where after their are organisations you can apply to to fund a specific buggy.

xx

• VIP
We were referred to wheelchair services by our physio and also our paediatrician, we were given a wheelchair as that's the suitable thing for us but I know they do do special needs pushchairs and might have one suitable, or as Lucy says above, if not there are organisations who can help with funding. Smile
Julie xx

• VIP
We have one for our son, he has a wheelchair but we needed something else for pretty much the reasons you've mentioned, so bought it ourselves! Its fantastic, bulky but very comfy and ideal for all terrain walking, as well as enabling him to sleep.
The size we have costs around £500 but ours came off ebay (almost new) for £280. They pop up every so often so keep an eye out on there.
Or as others have mentioned, you can apply for funding from a lot of places, whizzkids might be worth a look?
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Established member
(08-03-2010, 11:14 PM)mummy_of_matty Wrote: We have one for our son, he has a wheelchair but we needed something else for pretty much the reasons you've mentioned, so bought it ourselves! Its fantastic, bulky but very comfy and ideal for all terrain walking, as well as enabling him to sleep.
The size we have costs around £500 but ours came off ebay (almost new) for £280. They pop up every so often so keep an eye out on there.
Or as others have mentioned, you can apply for funding from a lot of places, whizzkids might be worth a look?

Awww thank u so much.. you have just helped me make my mind up...I will have a look on ebay first and if none on there i will ring the company back up.....thank you all for your helpful comments xx