• VIP
Lucy i'm thinking about very far in the future, if anyone has no help from any services or no family. what would happen if we died very suddenly in our home and our disabled children/adults would be left to fend for themselves, and i know that my girls don't have clue about opening the door or phoning the police etc and there are a lot of people out there even now with this problem. this is the story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299665/Disabled-woman-starved-death-carer-mother-died-suddenly.html
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Administrators
ahhh yes i see your point Confused i agree their really should be more provision for this sort of thing. my elderly neighbours have a daughter with downs syndrome, they are in their 80s and the mom had a stroke, they had to put her into fulltime care and visit her 3/4 times a week but they really do have to travel to the other side of the city which is tough for them Sad i have always struggled with this dilema in the sense of im not sure what would be worse....knowing your child will pass away before you and having to cope with that.....or wondering who will care for them if you passed away Sad either one is not a nice prospect!

xx

• VIP
We have already discussed that when we get to the point we can't do it anymore we will put the girls into full-time care but it scares me to think that something could happen before this. We have a quote normal son, and although i know he will probably say i'll take them i really don't want to put that burden on him, after all he could end up having a child just like his sisters so its going to be hard on him to.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux